Saturday, May 07, 2005

Socrates 哲學一愛 黃莉婷

Socrates

Hi~ everyone~ welcome to the heaven~!
Hi~! I’m Barbara, I want to introduction my teacher, and he is a kind person. Oh~ he is coming, I will call him: hey~ hey ~ teacher~ I ‘m Barbara, I ‘m here~! Please come here ok~?
Teacher: Hello~ Barbara, why are you here?
Barbara: oh~ teacher, can you introduction yourself? Most of people want to know you, you are famous~!
Teacher: oh~ really? I’m very happy many people want to know me! Ok~!
Socratic’s life
My name is Socrates, I’m live in Athens, democratic Athens, although I’m ugly, but I ‘m a kind person, everyone all like me~! I have a wife, she is a cool woman, I have to say, I’m not afraid of her, I ‘m just respect her.
Barbara: oh~ really? Teacher, are you sure you just respect her?
Socrates: hey ~ are you hope your western philosophy can not pass??? If you hope, I will very happy could help you~!
Socrates’ ideas
Barbara: no~~! Thanks! I’m very like my western philosophy now, so I don’t have another idea to change teacher~! Ha ha ……. Ok ~ that back to the problem, if someone wants to see your idea, how can he find?
Socrates: oh~ if someone hopes to know about my idea, just find Plato,
He will tell you~~! In his dialgoue~~Theactetus, Euthyphers, Apology, Crito and Phaedo. He is my best student~!
Socratic’s work
Barbara: oh~! I know him~! My western philosophy teacher like him so much. And I have a question, why you say you are a midwife? Is that you work before??
Socrates: no, but my mother is. I said I’m a midwife, because I think that talk with young people is helping them hasten knowledge delivery, like a midwife, but I ‘m a knowledge of midwife.
Barbara: oh~!
Socrates’ habits
Socrates: Barbara, do you know my habit?
Barbara: ……..deeply thinking???......
Socrates: I like thinking! But I more like have a chat with young people on the street, and talk about morality.
Socratic’s death
Barbara: wait~is that a resource why you are death?
Socrates: yes, because I ‘m like have a chat with young people very much, and that someone charges me debase young people, and feels me set up another god. But I ‘m not!
Socrates’ ideas about definition
Barbara: oh~ it is sad, that talk some happy things~ I know in the Plato early dialogues you look for definition of ethics constantly. Right?
Socrates: yes~! The concept of definition for me is very important. I always look for definition of ethics constantly, I want to illustrate of essence, but when I always have a chat with young people, they always have no idea or understand the question. I hope definition have to emerge in our mind.
Socrates’ ideas about definition with Aristotle’s definition
Barbara: but I don’t understand, what is you meaning of definition? I mean for example, when I see the chair, I will say: oh~ that is chair, and that is also a chair too, right?
Socrates: yes, your right, but I hope look for the deeply definition. Your meaning is descriptive definition, for example, what is justice? And when we say abide by the law is justice but this not illustrate of essence of justice, it just describes how to do for justice, it doesn’t illustrate what is definition for justice, I mean real definition. If you are not understood, you can look for Aristotle’s idea, he will tell you what difference between descriptive definition and real definition. (From Aristotle)
Change Q and A
Barbara: oh ~~! Ok!
Socrates: that change~! I answer many questions, so you have to answer some question too, ok?
Barbara: oh~~! I will try~!
Socratic’s moral
Socrates: ha-ha~ if you are wrong, I will tell your western teacher…..ha-ha ok! You will read or have a class of western philosophy, so you will know about my ideas, right~!? And what the morality ideas of me?
Barbara: ok~ I will do my best to answer your question!! Socrates thinks morality is universal, and for the human nature, the human essence is reason.
Knowledge is moral
Socrates: Yes and how could I connection moral and knowledge?
Barbara: in Socratic idea, he emphasizes knowledge is virtue; Socrates thinks the weakness of the will is non-existent. (akrasia)
For example about knowledge is virtue
Socrates: can you have an example?
Barbara: ok, if I know this is a good thing, then I will do this, so when Socrates says knowledge is virtue, also deny akraia exist.
Reflections
Socrates: yes~! I know your meaning, and how does your idea about my theory?
Barbara: infect, I thinks you have optimistic attitude of human nature. Thanks your help, now, I will more know about you~!
Socrates: I’m very happy that I can help you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home