Saturday, May 07, 2005

augustine 哲學一智 493032167 王佳慧

Augustine
Hi, my name is Emma, I so glad to visiting Augustine. We are face to face now, I so nervous. He is a kind and genial man. Now, we are placing in the church. The church is brimming solemn. The interview is coming.
Emma: .Where were you born ?
Augustine: Africa Tagaste.

Emma :.What do you think your temperament?
Augustine: I think I own two temperaments, one is indulging my desire, and another is pious seek truth temperament. Because I ever given my mother influence, my mother is a pious Christian, she owns gentle and kindhearted temperament.

We know you have two suitable famous writings, one is The City of God, and another is Confessions.
Emma: Please explain why are you want to write The City of God?
Augustine : At the time, Rome empire was defeated by northern nationality, the empire encountered destroy, this time the pagan took the guilt attributed to Christianity, and abusing God venomously. I see the society situation chaotic, the people turn into density. And I heard Christian was given critical opinion rampancy gradually, so writing this book.

Emma: You have some explains for history at The City of God, what origination of history do you think?
Augustine: Before create the world, time does not exist. After created the world and then it have conception of time. Because God created time, it does not restricted by the time, no matter what the past, now and future of people, it always now before God.

Emma : You gives some examples at Confessions, please give one example.
Augustine: When I was young, I ever discontinue my studies one year, this time, I got to know a group of bad friends, and I stole the fruit from someone’s pear tree. Although this deed is only small evil, the effect to me is huge very much.

Let’s talk about your religious belief.
Emma : Have you ever believe in another religion before believing Christianity?
Augustine: Initial stage, I believe in Manichaeism. Manichaeism emphasized opposition between the good and the evil. This is materialistic world view.

Emma : Who affected you to enter Christianity?
Augustine : Ambrose, he is Milan bishop. When I heard his preach, my heart permeated with move, and I admire his personality.

Emma: What is the knowledge for you?
Augustine: I do not oppose the knowledge, but I oppose in order to seek knowledge so seek it.

Emma : Did do you think you have any contribution?
Augustine: I think I just do me must. If must to say, I think it should establish Christian church authority.

Emma : Afterward, what did you want to say for everyone?
Augustine: I hope I can affect some dissenters, making people caused some reflections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home